Reading List as of April 2011

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My sincerest apology for such a long gap between reviews, I had to juggle a lot of things that writing reviews took a backseat, way way back. I didn’t stop reading but writing reviews seem to become more of a luxury. In any case, here’re the books I’m currently reading.

Pacific Rims by Rafe Bartholomew
I’m more of a fan of the University Athletics Association of the Philippines (UAAP) games than basketball itself. But much intrigued by the premise of the book, the Philippines's undeniable love of basketball, I decided to purchase one and start reading. And so far, I’m enjoying it.

Sherlock Holmes, The Complete Novels and Stories Volume 1 by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I’m almost halfway into writing my review for this but I lost the book! I intend to replace it but I’d rather finish Pacific Rims first.

The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
It’s a heavy read. It’s not so easy to finish as I thought. In almost every other page I would need to scan the dictionary. Don’t get me wrong, it is a masterpiece of word art, not the type that you do with Microsoft Word. Obviously, this would take some time to finish; I might (meaning probably) insert other books while reading it.

The other books that I might bump up the reading list are those that I’ve got my eye on:

a)     Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

b)    Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

c)     The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

d)    Tinkers by Paul Harding

2 comments:

Lauren @ Pure Text September 6, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

Thanks so much for writing "here're" not "here's." :D

I started reading your year-old post on the Little Prince (part two). It made me want to read the book again, now that I'm older. See what I can learn.

Italia March 22, 2012 at 1:58 AM  

Its a great book. The story is about Trixie who is fourteen years old. She is growing up too quickly for her father, Daniel. Trixie has a boyfriend and ends up having problems and struggles with him. Daniel's wife, Laura is cheating on him. Trixie becomes a cutter and ends up running away to Alaska, where her dad grew up.
Its a very interesting story.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a young professional working in a call center; a licensed nurse who's not practicing the profession, out of choice; gay, and proud to be; sporty with an active lifestyle filled with badminton and running; a reader who easily gets lost in a well-written story; a wannabe-author and wannabe-successful. But more importantly, I'm a writer with a hunger for life.

TamBayan

Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory blogarama - the blog directory

  © Blogger template Brownium by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP